This 42nd Old Louisville Holiday Home Tour is excited to announce that the Woman’s Club of Louisville will again be a part of the tour! During the 2018 tour, the Woman’s Club, located at 1320 S. 4th Street, will feature the following:
- A gift boutique inside the Clubhouse
- Holiday Shopping in Carriage Trade
- Breakfast with Santa on Saturday morning before the Holiday Home Tour begins at noon
- Free parking and restrooms
Details on each, and more information about the Woman’s Club, are listed below.
Holiday Shopping at the Woman’s Club and Carriage Trade: Open Saturday, December 1 and Sunday, December 2 from 12:00–6:00 p.m. each day.
This year tourgoers can shop for holiday decorations, gifts, and more in the Woman’s Club main clubhouse, as well as in their year-round gift shop, “Carriage Trade.” The clubhouse at 1320 S. 4th Street will be filled with beautiful handcrafted holiday décor for every budget. Carriage Trade, located in the carriage house directly behind the clubhouse, will feature a wide selection of affordable items. You’re sure to find the perfect Christmas gift or something for yourself amongst the finely crafted furniture, home furnishings and accessories, as well as jewelry and other one-of-a-kind pieces.
Pancakes with Santa: Saturday, December 1, from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Open to the public for this first time this year, the Woman’s Club is hosting a pancake breakfast with Santa ahead of the tour opening on Saturday morning. Chef Harold Baker, previously with Gary’s on Spring, will cook a delicious breakfast to include all-you-can-eat pancakes, sausage links, and orange juice donated by Harry Dennery and Terra Long. Santa will be in attendance and ready for photographs, passing out candy canes along with his elves. Participants can enjoy face painting, ornament making, writing letters to Santa, and coloring sheets. Cost is $10 for adults, $5 for children ages 3 – 12, and children under 3 are free. Tickets may be purchased by calling the Woman’s Club at 502-634-9437.
Free Parking and Restrooms
All Old Louisville Holiday Home Tour patrons will be able to park for free in the Woman’s Club parking lot, located behind the Clubhouse (1320 S. 4th St.) across from Carriage Trade. The parking lot will open at 11:30 a.m. each morning and close no later than 6:00 p.m. each evening. No overnight parking is allowed. Restrooms for tourgoers are available inside the Clubhouse.
Information on the Woman’s Club of Louisville
The Woman’s Club of Louisville was founded in 1890 with the purpose of promoting and supporting civic improvements, championing educational and philanthropic needs of the community – especially those concerning women and children – and cultivating the fine arts. Since 1923, the classical Georgian Revival style building designed by E.T. Hutchings has served as the Clubhouse. The rear carriage house was home to the Louisville Deaf-Oral School (now known as the Heuser Hearing and Language Academy), co-founded by The Woman’s Club in 1948. Today the carriage house is where club members operate “Carriage Trade,” a store featuring holiday items, as well as unique home furnishings and accessories. The Woman’s Club has hosted several events, including the Ms. Louisville contest. They look forward to celebrating the “Year of the Woman” in 2020, commemorating 100 years of women’s right to vote.